Bozoduck's Blog

I'm Bozoduck. This is my blog. I started it 2 years ago and a lots happened since then. Read it and learn.

Friday, September 23, 2005

I'm Waiting

I'm waiting. I've been waiting since last Friday for my car insurance document to turn up from MINI Insurance. Without this piece of paper the MINI garage cannot get the car registered, and therefore cannot get the car taxed. This leaves me without my car, being forced to take days off work to wait in for it and a ruined weekend to look forward to.

I called the insurance company yesterday (and Wednesday and Tuesday) and they said that they would 'guarantee' delivery of the document by 1pm today (Friday). So I had to take the day off work to wait for it at home. 1pm comes and goes, so I call MINI Insurance again. The customer services lady said that the person who told me that the delivery time was before 1pm was incorrect and that it is actually before 2pm. So I'm still waiting.

This sort of service from a company associated with such a high profile product (the MINI) is completely unacceptable in my view. If they can't even process my documents within a reasonable amount of time (reasonable being 2 or 3 days), what sort of service am I to expect if I actually do need to make a claim on my insurance? The service I have received thus far does not inspire confidence about how the service is run at all.

Thankfully, the Financial Services Authority, which regulates the industy, says that I can change my mind within 14 days of purchasing the policy. Once I get the car registered and taxed, I shall do just that as I do not want this sort of service from a company I have paid hundreds of pounds to.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home