Bozoduck's Blog

I'm Bozoduck. This is my blog. I started it 2 years ago and a lots happened since then. Read it and learn.

Friday, September 09, 2005

The Line of Beauty

I read Alan Hollinghurst's 'The Line of Beauty' while on holiday. It won the Man Booker prize last year and I can see why. Its an unconventional story about a gay man growing up in London in the 80's. Its not an easy read and its not a happy story but the prose (more like verse) is so beautiful in places that you have to reread it just to appreciate it. If you like reading and language, read it. Its fantastic.

Currently reading Bill Bryson's 'A Short History of Nearly Everything'.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:49 pm, September 10, 2005, Blogger Bunny said…

    Thanks for the tip, but reading is just not my bag. I can't concentrate you see. However, give me a textbook and I'm happy as a sand boy.
    My mate rich bought me A brief history for my Birthday last year. He said that if I was to read one book ever, it should be this one. Apparently, this book was written for me (according to my mate). A year and a half later and I still havent read a line. Consequently, Rich has taken it upon himself to tell me a fact from A brief history every time we meet. I like that!

     
  • At 1:17 pm, September 11, 2005, Blogger Bozoduck said…

    If you like text books you should find reading A Brief History easy! Here's a fact from me...did you know that Newton was a crazy, self-obsessed megalomaniac? Once he pushed a needle into his eyeball just to see what would happen! Sicko!! But he did kind of kick-start the whole of modern science!

     
  • At 12:15 pm, October 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Bozo,

    You totally got to read 'Smile Please' (or is it 'Please Smile'? I can never remember, anyway...)

    It's excelllent.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home