Bozoduck's Blog

I'm Bozoduck. This is my blog. I started it 2 years ago and a lots happened since then. Read it and learn.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Minor Celebrity?

I posted to the BBC website today with reference to my experiences of traveling around London after the bombings (click here to read the article). I had actually forgotten I'd submitted the posting until this evening when I was contacted by some people who had seen it.

Its quite amazing how the people of London have changed in the weeks after the bombings. It seems as though we're all waiting for something to happen. Tony Blair was on the news tonight saying we won't give in to the terrorists. What options do we have, Tony? Lets see...they have no respect for any sort of life, don't care what religion you are or whether you are innocent or guilty. There is no path to reason with them. I don't have an answer. I wish I did.

I've been feeling low today. Nothing to do with the bombings really. Just work. Its getting to a point where I really need to take a break or I'm going to give myself a heart attack. I feel like I'm exaggerating here slightly but on the other hand I do work hard. I was last in the orifice again tonight. The end is in sight though.

I need to book a holiday somewhere but I'm having trouble on choosing where to go. Canada and Montreal/Toronto/Vancouver have always appealed but I'll need to brush up on my French - which is pretty rubbish at the best of times. I'll be traveling on my own I think. I need to go somewhere where I can do a bit of a road trip or just travel around, hobo-like. I love the idea of roughing it around South America with just a backpack and my walking boots. Machu Pichu, La Paz, Rio, the Amazon (before it disappears off the face of the earth) wow! I also love the idea of complete luxury i.e. a lovely hotel, pool, drinks on tap and gorgeous food. Well, I'm not going to think too much about it until next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home